When Keeli had her first child, she set out to look for safe, natural skin care for her little one; products without artificial fragrances or harmful chemicals, knowing that long-term usage can cause skin sensitivities. To her surprise, she couldn't find what she was looking for!
She realized that many of those "natural" products were made from synthesized ingredients. When her second baby had an allergic reaction to milk and developed a severe case of nappy rash, Keeli decided she needed to try and develop her own products to treat him.
After careful research, Keeli created her own products at home. She then started sharing them with her friends, and a few years later, it became a cottage industry which developed to Cherub Rubs - a certified organic skin care range that truly protects and cares for an infant's delicate skin, helping even troubled skin conditions such as dry itchy skin, as well as red, chapped skin.
- avoidance of most synthetic chemical inputs (e.g. fertilizer, pesticides, antibiotics, food additives, etc), genetically modified organisms, irradiation, and the use of sewage sludge;
- use of farmland that has been free from synthetic chemicals for a number of years (often, three or more);
- keeping detailed written production and sales records (audit trail);
- maintaining strict physical separation of organic products from non-certified products;
- undergoing periodic on-site inspections.