But what will you and your Cherub ACTUALLY need?
No doubt you will over pack (we all do it!) but here are some of the essentials you and your Cherub will definitely use.
- Medicare/Private Health Insurance Card
- Maternity pads – pack more than you will think you will need, you may be surprised how quickly you will need to change and most hospitals only provide 1 or 2.
- Plenty of dark coloured COMFY undies – no whites for the next couple of weeks!
- Loose and comfortable clothing – nighties, singlets, PJ pants, t-shirts and trackies/loose comfy pants
- Bed socks and dressing gown – hospitals can get a bit chilly
- Breast pads, nipple cream (a LIFESAVER!!!), maternity bras and tops
- Lip balm and moisturiser – the air conditioning is terrible for drying out your lips and skin
- Cherub Rubs Honey Myrtle Shampoo and Cherub Rubs Hair and Body Wash – that first shower after your Cherub arrives may just be the BEST shower you will ever have! Treat yourself to a LONG, shower with some beautiful products.
- Cherub Rubs Tummy Balm – a rich, rejuvenating cream, Tummy Balm helps to nourish your skin.
- Toiletries – toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hairbrush, hair ties, medications, glasses/contacts
- Mobile phone and charger
- Your favourite pillow – sometimes only your own will do!
- Water bottle and snacks – pack your favourite treats to enjoy once your Cherub arrives, you’ve earnt them!
For your Cherub:
- Newborn clothes, swaddles and/or blanket – onesies with two way zippers are a MUST, no one wants to fiddle with press studs in the middle of the night!
- Nappies and baby wipes
- Bottles and formula
- Cherub Rubs Baby Calm Oil – perfect for baby massage, dry skin or cradle cap
- Cherub Rubs Skin Balm – suitable for newborns and safe to use all over the body, including genitals for nappy rash
- Cherub Rubs Baby Safe Hair and Body Wash – a mild body wash, perfect for that first bath
If you do forget to pack something, don’t worry! Your partner, family or friends will be happy to help and bring whatever you need!