Throwing a party and having trouble thinking of the perfect recipe that all the kids will love? We got you covered! Cooking for kids can be tricky, especially when you’re looking for one treat they’ll all enjoy. Luckily for you, we’ve gone through countless recipes to provide you with a surefire hit:
Chocolate Chip Sultana Cornflake Cookies
They’re so delicious, so easy, and the kids will love them (don’t worry, so will you!). We have the recipe below, along with Gluten Free / Vegan alternatives. Also, if cornflakes aren’t your jam, feel free to swap with a favourite cereal!
Now, let’s get to the fun part:
125 g of Softened Butter OR Unrefined Coconut Oil / Margarine (V)
⅔ cup of Caster Sugar OR Coconut Sugar (not as fine)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 & ¼ cups of self raising flour OR GF Flour / Wheat Flour
2 tbsp Milk OR Full Fat Soy Milk / Vanilla Non-Dairy Milk (V)
⅓ cup Sultanas (Don’t love sultanas? Leave them out or swap them for something else you like)
⅓ cup Chocolate Chips OR GF Dark Chocolate Chips / Cacao Nibs / Carob
1 & ½ cups of Cornflakes OR GF Cornflakes (Or your cereal of choice)
Extra cereal to coat!
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Line tray(s) with baking paper and grease, then set aside.
- Mix the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy. Once creamy, add in the flour and mix.
- Mix in the milk until combined, then add sultanas, chocolate chips, and cornflakes.
- Scoop out the mixture in your desired size and place onto the sheet pan. Flatten, and add extra cornflakes on top as desired.
- Bake between for 14 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack for cooling.
We’d love to see your creations! Share them with us on Instagram @cherubrubs_